Welcome



Thanks for visiting me. My focus for this blog is spiritual truth. I am doing this because there is so much false information out there and I feel compelled to be a voice for truth. I know I'm only one man but with the power of the "blogosphere" at my fingertips maybe I can help someone experience the grace that is found only in God's truth.

Thursday, April 15, 2010

The search for truth is not a new search but it is one that goes all the way back to the beginning of time when Satan first questioned God's Word to Eve. Ever since Adam's sin, men have debated the nature and even the existence of truth. Philosophers have given this search a name: Epistemology- the study of knowledge and how human minds apprehend the truth. Every day, every one of us make decisions based on what we believe to be true. As we grow up, we form a worldview in which we answer the big life questions such as, "Who am I?", "Why am I here?", and "Where am I going?" Many times in life, our beliefs and conclusions will be challenged. When faced with these challenges many people find themselves confused unable to answer the questions that arise even in their own minds. In the classic movie, "Fiddler on the Roof" three men are having a discussion. The first man voices an opinion and the second man nods confidently "you are right". The third man protests with the opposite opinion to which the second man raising an eyebrow decides "you are right too". A bystander shouts out the obvious fact that they can't both be right. The second man after considering for a moment exclaims "you are right too!".

A fast growing trend in America is to avoid the difficulty of discerning altogether by proclaiming that absolute truth is unknowable or maybe even doesn't actually exist. That everyone can have their own personal version of the truth. They shy away from anything that might imply that another person or idea is wrong.

I for one am glad that in the Bible God speaks to us in articulate absolute langauge. People often try to complicate it but for the most part the Bible is powerfully simple and though it may not always be what we want to hear it's truth has a very clear ring to it.

So what does God begin His revelation of truth to us with? Well suprisingly enough it all starts with the complete failure of mankind...

No comments:

Post a Comment