Welcome



Thanks for visiting me. My focus for this blog is spiritual truth. I am doing this because there is so much false information out there and I feel compelled to be a voice for truth. I know I'm only one man but with the power of the "blogosphere" at my fingertips maybe I can help someone experience the grace that is found only in God's truth.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

What is Truth?

Right or wrong, black or white, good or evil, truth or error... is it even possible to be sure? Does truth really have a ring to it? Is there any truth that is universally identifiable or is truth like water, conforming itself to however you want to package it? I for one believe in the existence of truth, not post-modern, cloudy, ambiguous, whatever-feels-good truth and not irrelevant, trivial, non-divisive truth but clear cut, timeless, absolute life truth. I believe in the kind of truth that gives you solid ground to stand on, that liberates those who live by it but imprisons those ignore or reject it, the kind of truth that determines what your life will be worth.

Unfortunately, it often seems impossible to see the sunny truth through the thick billowing clouds of political correctness and the steady rain of lies. Everyone from politicians to preachers compromise, lie, waffle or sometimes are simply mistaken. In reality no one, scientist, sage or slave could ever honestly claim to always be in line with the truth because that would require an infinite degree of knowledge that no man ever has had or ever will have. In fact to be absolutely sure about even the foundational issues of life (like it's purpose) requires a degree of knowledge that no man is capable of obtaining on his own. Thankfully God does have an infinite degree of knowledge and has revealed the truth to mankind through His written word the Bible. In our search for truth, absolute unchanging truth, that is where we must begin and end.

When I was a kid my brother and I discovered a stack of metal rods about three feet long in the basement. The last six inches were curved at a ninety degree angle. It was like Christmas. Those rods could be used as canes, rifles or best of all sword fighting! Well, Mom wasn't to happy when she found her curtain rods lying all over the house bent and mangled to the point of no return. We pled ignorance but somehow the story that we actually thought that sword fighting was what they were made for didn't have that ring of truth to it. What's my point? My point is a lot of people think they can treat life a lot like my brother and I treated those curtain rods. They figure whatever feels good or whatever they want to do must be what it's for. Not such a big deal when it's curtain rods...

On an individual level the foundation upon which you must build all truth is the fact that the primary reason God created you was so that you could have a relationship with Him. The question is how do you begin a relationship with God. Answer that and the clear bright truth will begin to dawn on your life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks, Bro, Andy for creating this. I will be looking forward to reading these post, God bless you all. Love in Christ, Carmon Rowe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think you are off to a good start. I enjoyed the first post. Keep on, the word will get out!

    ReplyDelete